Letters to Holly

Wednesday, August 2

Back From Orlando

The five days of Thursday, July 27 to Monday, July 31 was a stretch of continual movement. It was a good convention, I think. I'm an outsider for this organization as I am neither female or a musician, but it seemed to run smoothly from my side of the camera. The two of us who work for the magazine took a combined 1,800 pictures, and I'm expecting about 400 more from two men married to officers of the group. I was a clear minority among 750-something women ranging from students to 80 years, but I bore the mighty power of magazine inclusion. The college folks were keen on being printed and eagerly grouped for pictures. My days usually started at 7:30 and ended at midnight. I was on the go or composing pictures the whole time. I've lost at least three pounds. I'm still dragging a bit, and it will take a while to catch up on sleep. I found out only yesterday that my college buddy is coming into town for tonight's concert. This follows my Saturday lunch with Rebecca, whom I've known since elementary school.

I'll get back to the regular blog format when I recover. My feet, they are traumatized.

No comments: