Letters to Holly

Wednesday, January 10

I Had the Night Off

It snowed all day here in Asheville but it only started to pile up around 4 p.m. Mayberry, of course, got the barest trace, but enough for Your Sis to get a 2-hour delay at work Wednesday morning. We met up for steaks last night, and returned home to watch TiFauxed shows.

"Simply Ming" featured recipes with mole sauce and a cooking segment with Queer Eye's Ted Allen. Now there's a guy who needs his own Food Network show. He's smart, funny, accustomed to a camera, and he's gay. The latter is just about the only untapped demographic the show left for a new host (the loud cajun, the large Italian, the dainty caterer, the tomboy chef, the Southern aunt, the hyperintelligent house husband, the japanese expert, the British partyboy).

We also caught a "Colbert Report" rerun, and Your Sis has become quite the fan. This from a woman who prides herself on a lack of funny bone.

I then read my monthly haul of comics and drifted off to sleep. This morning I awoke and ran my lines in the shower. Thankfully, Your Sis had already gone to work so she couldn't hear my Southern gargle.

I also determined what my first mini-comic will be, and it's a story I've had percolating for a few years now. I'm still waiting to hear back about Greenville activities for you.


Moving Picture of the Day
Bruce Campbell's Old Spice TV ad. I had no idea this existed until it ran during the Patriots-Jets game Sunday. And as it continued, the laughter built up in my belly until the ad ended, and I could bray like a mule. He's a geek god.

In the News
Bush unveils his not-so-secret Iraq plan tonight. Essentially, he's fighting bigger, not smarter. And then there's still the problem of making religion factions get along.

+ + +

Apple's new gadget is a mobile communications hub, providing phone, browsing and music. They also allegedly played Beatles music on it during the grand announcement which suggests iTunes can finally can distribute their music.

No comments: