Letters to Holly

Thursday, March 30

Sniff. Glug. Ack.

“Lost” again brings the awesome week in and week out. Besides the mind games the writers foist on us each week, we get to see some quality acting and directing. Everyone gets a chance to shine.

I still got the bug, and I’m pretty sick and tired of being sick and tired. It’s been almost two weeks of sleeping in separate beds. I don’t want to get used to the bachelor life again. Your Sister made a curry and eggplant dish last night that did nothing to open up my head, but it did everything within its satanic power to sear my mouth. I had to eat some ice cream in defiance of the Lent abstention just to dull the pain. That’s right. I didn’t enjoy it one bit.

I’m halfway through the second Harry Potter book, and it shames the film.

Late last night, while recovering from the curry, I fiddled with the AM dial and discovered that I can hear Boston’s WBZ 1030 AM. That’s more than 900 miles away from us. I’ve previously picked up St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh.

Picture of the Day

A coloring effort I did a while back. The original art by comics pro Alan Davis is black and white.


In the news
Lobbyist Jack Abramoff got almost 6 years in prison for fraud.

+ + +

Jill Carroll was released by her Iraqi captors yesterday.

No comments: