Letters to Holly

Wednesday, September 5

Sweet Merciful Odin, It's Football Season Again

Your Sis continues to harbor the cold, and now her fellow English teachers are getting it too. She's taking it easy at night and turning in even earlier than normal. She's using the sick bed.

I used the griddle from Your Parents to grill chicken for a pasta dish. We've bought frozen fillet bags for years now, and it's just about time to stop. I notice more and more of the egg-based preservative that coats the chicken, and I don't want it. If I want egg in the recipe, I'll add it, thank you.

Your Sis and I finally made our Super Bowl picks last night. I wrote out all the teams in their respective conferences and let her pick first. I didn't see her picks when I made mine, and surprisingly, half of our picks are identical.

HER PICKS
NFC: New Orleans, St. Louis
AFC: Indianapolis, New England

MY PICKS
NFC: New Orleans, Carolina
AFC: New England, San Diego

New England and Carolina figure heavily in my fantasy team. I have to root for them. Your Sis has a small crush on the Indianapolis quarterback. Indy and New Orleans play each other tonight, and Carolina and St. Louis play each other this weekend. The season begins, and there is no slow stroll toward domestic warfare. As of tonight, it's on like Donkey Kong.

Picture of the Day
This man was clean shaven yesterday. Such if the power of football season.

No comments: