Letters to Holly

Friday, September 11

I Am Ready, Thanks for Asking.

Another football season has begun, and I always forget how much its absence saddens me. I am lighthearted again. I am glee manifest. Your Sis and I reviewed the New York Times team previews for our annual bet. I am the defending champ-een.

Her Teams (boo!)
AFC
New England
Pittsburgh

NFC
St. Louis
New York Giants

My Teams (yea!)
AFC
New England
Pittsburgh

NFC
Philadelphia
Atlanta

Yes, we picked two identical teams again. Great minds.

I watched the first pro game last night in Dad's recliner. I've been sleeping in his room and his bed, looking up at a ceiling yellowed from cigarettes and surrounded by plastic-wrapped suits. It's time to go home. I need to go home.

Mom is incrementally better. She's walking more, and the DermaBond is itching. I should be able to leave today. We've already arranged her upcoming household chores to exclude any lifting.

Picture of the Day
Someone didn't think this through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um...that is pretty awesome.