Letters to Holly

Tuesday, September 15

A Slim Offering

A late night at work for Your Sister allowed me to watch some football and draw today's Sketchtember artwork. A senior asked her about the possibility of me mentoring his project: an original comic book. Yes, I think I can help. Hello, caller. I'm Dr. Gregory, and I'm listening.

I'm working on ideas for your t-shirt, and I can give you sketches after the weekend. I don't consider any of them home runs, and we'll need to noodle this through.


NFL Week One: I Prematurely Claim Supremacy!
Her Teams (boo!)
AFC
New England (1-0)
Pittsburgh (1-0)

NFC
St. Louis (0-1)
New York Giants (1-0)

My Teams (yea!)
AFC
New England (1-0)
Pittsburgh (1-0)

NFC
Philadelphia (1-0)
Atlanta (1-0)

I'm also tied for second in my online fantasy league. I'm not juggling a fantasy roster. I'm picking which teams I think will win each week.

The theatre script committee suggested Glass Menagerie for a drama for next season, and it struck a nerve. The argument now is that it won't bring in audiences. It does, however, fit the criteria of a simple-set, small-cast production with name recognition. There's one actress who is dying to play the mother, but good luck finding the two young male actors.

I hear you now: I thought you were through with this bunch? All I'm doing is emailing to other committee members. It's a passive contribution.

Picture of the Day
Beware the Kitchen Sarlaac.

No comments: