Letters to Holly

Thursday, February 18

Computer Operation

If the PC died because the motherboard had a meltdown, that suggests the hard drive is still OK. I hadn't tried to remove one before, but I like the idea of a 100+ gig backup drive. A friend suggested I try this, and, except for an hour and ten bucks, it costs me very little. If I can extract the drive, I'll buy a cheap drive shell to house it and keep it in my workshop. I want to remove it anyway; I won't recycle a PC with an intact hard drive. If my experiment doesn't work, I already have the back-up drive I bought within the past two months. As I'm rearranging computer space in my workshop and connecting my peripherals to the laptop, this is one small activity.

The laptop, by the way, works like a Mac. I don't know if this by the design of HP or the new Windows, but all my peripherals were plug-and-play. I didn't need one of the installation CDs I excavated. I hooked them up to my USB hub, and I can connect them to the laptop through one plug.

A indefensible canceled snow day allowed Your Sister to visit Asheville. She and Your Mother met up at Babies R Us and set up a simple registry. The store gave us a freebie Huggies box, mostly coupons. But there is a sample organic diaper. That's our first diaper. We don't have much on the registry, but we hope to shop at the annual maternity swap meet this weekend. I think Our Moms are gonna scrap over who buys the largest items.

Roo's movements are stronger. They no longer can be mistaken for indigestion or muscle twitches. They are jabs. Mayhap we'll name him after a World Cup player. That starts two weeks before he's due.

Your Sister doesn't want belly photos taken, but I can tell you her swelling is above and between the hips, and it's a solid lump. She doesn't show much anywhere else. Yet.

Picture of the Day
Run, Woody! RUN!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the updates. thanks for the baby updates. man, you make me realize that I should probably invest in an external hard drive to back up my documents.

Gregory said...

It's a necessity. If I hadn't gotten that Seagate drive , I would be in Screwedville.

Anonymous said...

And the Valentine. Best. Valentine. Ever.
Thank you, most creative!

Gregory said...

I wondered if that got through the mail.