Letters to Holly

Monday, September 18

Nine and a Half Miles

That's what I ran within three days on Thursday and Saturday. I hit a groove and discovered I could run much easier and longer if I just slowed the pace a bit. My ankles are a little sore, but the pain disappears when I run. I measured a two-mile distance away from the house, and now I know I can run there and back to reach 4 miles, a good measure beyond the 5K distance. Now I just need a costume, something that won't hinder the run. I also discovered the percussion in Green Day's "Holiday" matches my stride pace perfectly; I can use my iPod to keep my run rate. I now can run 5.5 miles in an hour. No one is more shocked than I.

We watched Brevard trounce Asheville High 17-0 Friday night. Your Sis continues to battle a cold and did very little. I started inking the Star Wars drawings in the workshop. We managed to polish off the "Mad About You" TiFaux episodes, freeing up almost 40% of our allotted memory.

We saw Kathy and Travis' baby, Anna Claire, last night. She's a lean baby -- no pudginess after six days -- and she looks like an intelligent kid.

Picture of the Day
Asheville High's scrawny fan contingent Friday night. Guess they knew they were gonna lose.


In the News
The Pope is a moron. Imagine if Bush told a Polish joke. How well do you think that would go over? Well, magnify that by ten, and you have the Pope quoting a Byzantine emperor to insult Muslims. The newest spin on it is the debate as to how the Pope could make a mistake if he's infallible.

+ + +

When asked about going into Pakistan to find Bin Laden, Bush said this: "Pakistan is a sovereign nation. In order for us to send thousands of troops into a sovereign nation, we've got to be invited by the government of Pakistan." Wow.


Don't want to risk posting a comment? You can always email me.

No comments: