Letters to Holly

Wednesday, May 4

One Down

The blank balloon is for the Post-It notes of prices in response to demand.

Your Sister kindly posed for me for the other table sign. I still need to draw that.

In a related story, fan-favorite artist  Adam Hughes announced he will no longer do convention sketches. He's tired of giving away or selling for moderate prices commissioned artwork at conventions only to see them go on eBay for thousands of dollars. His decision opened a debate in the online comicsverse about the practice of "flipping" con sketches for profit. It's not very likely with my stuff, but this happens all the time for professionals who draw at conventions. When I get sketches at conventions, I always ask them to dedicate to me; this kills any potential flip value and assure them I will keep the art.

No comments: