Letters to Holly

Thursday, January 26

Diagnosis: Moidah

So, yes, Your Sister has a sinus infection, and now she has a bag of prescriptions to take for it. She also has back spasms, making her a delight for all.

Because nature dogpiles us with obstacles, the pantry door has finally given up the ghost. I've kept this thing alive and in operation for years with repair, but it is now really most sincerely dead. The guide post that allows it to slide in the doorframe is dunzo, leaving the door to dangle from the hinges and making it a beast to open and close. We need to to keep out the cat and son, and it seems I'll install a new door soon, maybe tonight. Considering I'll need to trade cars and drop off the deputy after work before I buy a door and bring it home, that means Your Sick Sister has to fly solo with him at his crankiest. And, if I install it tonight, I'll have to carry the pieces from the garage to the kitchen to minimize the racket. I can't just buy replacement pieces to fix the problem; we need a whole new door installation. I can do it, but it won't be quiet or quick. If I do it after we eat supper, that's gonna put me finishing around 10 pm. Rassem frassem.

It was announced yesterday that Sierra Nevada will open a distribution center in Mills River.

Picture of the Day
Today is NASA's Day of Remembrance. The first official astronauts (as opposed to test pilots) to die on a mission were aboard what was later named Apollo 1, seen below. That crew was lost on Jan. 27. Years later, Challenger was lost on Jan. 28. Columbia was lost on Feb. 3.
 

No comments: