Letters to Holly

Monday, January 26

Noses to the Grindstone

I met my personal deadline for the comic this weekend. I wanted to have the comic completely thumbnailed. I wanted to design my superheroes. I wanted to design my space ship. And I wanted to make the panel grids on the full-size art boards. They all got did. I plan on making a Facebook photo album documenting the whole process. I now have five weeks to complete a six-page comic, and I feel good about where I am.

Your Sis spent the entire weekend reading books for her new semester classes. She went through, I think, four version of Beowulf, and an Elie Wiesel anthology. Her brain is numb. We spent spare moments vegging in front of the TV and then would break the huddle to get back to work.

I ran into members of the current play and learned they had a similar onstage disaster. Somehow they jumped ahead to Act Two before finishing Act One. The original director became too sick to complete rehearsals, and a last-second replacement turned the noir thriller into a comedy. I can see that actually, but that changes timing and delivery. I wish I had the initiative to attend the show, but I'm so disheartened by the recent theatre troubles that I don't have the inclination. And I feel like I'm abandoning those putting forth all their efforts. The only performance we could catch is next Sunday, the same day as the Super Bowl.

Picture of the Day
Your Sister after studying all weekend.

No comments: