Letters to Holly

Thursday, April 2

Good Taste

Lost just won a Peabody Award, the electronic media equivalent of the Pulitzer. Here's what the website says:
Lost (ABC)
ABC Studios
Breezily mixing metaphysics, quantum physics, romance and cliffhanger action, the genre-bending series about a group of air-crash survivors on a mysterious island has rewritten the rules of television fiction.

Also winning were NPR, YouTube, NBC's coverage of the Olympics, and Turner Classic Movies.

I ran once more, stopping at two miles but going at a full gallop. I then hung up all the comic art in the new frames. And then made dinner. And shod a horse and build a damn and carved Elvira out of butter. Just another night.

Culinary Pictures of the Day
A larger version is here on her blog. I found this via Slog, the Seattle Weekly mass blog, and it has a great idea: a comic anthology of recipes. Short recipes have appeared in indy comics within the past ten years, notable Scary Godmother and Scott Pilgrim. I'd love to do one of these.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You built a damn! That's incredible!

I rarely even seem to give them nowadays.

But I always give a big one for your blog.

See, I really do read it!
And love the recipe comic. Have you though about adapting your Cooking With Doom into drawrings?

Gregory said...

If Doom wasn't so completely protected by Marvel Comics, I would. They're awfully litigious.

Dam litigious, even.