Letters to Holly

Friday, July 13

Extra Innings

Your Sis came into town with me yesterday and killed time while I was at work. We met for lunch and settled on the Cottonwood Cafe, a narrow bar eatery near the Jolie Rouge. Wasn't bad. We took care of the pets after work, and Kempas was still there, still chained. She didn't want to eat the medicine pills; she normally holds out for a while before giving in. But this time she was resolute. I had to pry open her jaws and pop the pills down her throat. She wasn't too upset by this. I really need to run this weekend. I haven't been able to since Monday.

We met up with teacher buddies to catch the Tourists play the Athens Greenjackets last night. We got box seats and enjoyed a great view along the third-base line. Great weather, great crowd. The game went past nine innings, and the Tourists came from behind to win with a two-out walk-off grand slam. That's worth the price of admission right there. The $1 beers didn't hurt either. We got home after midnight, and I feel less like a geezer.

Picture of the Day
Hellboy by Duncan Fegredo, one of my favorite artists.


No comments: